Brexit – The transition period

After 31 January 2020 there will be a transition period until the end of 2020, while the UK and EU negotiate additional arrangements.

The current rules on trade, travel, and business for the UK and EU will continue to apply during the transition period.

Individuals and businesses can take some actions now to prepare for 2021.

If you are a business

and you move goods into or out of the EU, you must get an EORI number.

You should also decide how you want to make customs declarations and whether you need to get someone to deal with customs for you.

If you’re an EU citizen,  staying in the UK

or from Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein, and you want to stay in the UK, you should check if you need to apply to the settlement scheme.

If you are Living and working in the EU

Living and working in an EU country depends on the rules in that country.

Check please the rules of the country where you live for residency, for healthcare, tax regulations, driving licence etc

Check what you must do if you live in italy

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.